Friday, September 23, 2011

My Fall Fashion Resolutions

Well where to begin? I am making so many subtle changes to my wardrobe that my head is spinning.

1) heels, heels, and more heels!

okay, so i know they are so so so bad or our feet and health...but I have recently fallen in love with the feeling of being high up.  Well maybe it is the confident posture I am forced to have when I stand on my toes, but I love it.  I feel like it is part of me crossing from teendom into adulthood, which I do feel as though I am doing in a much more graceful way wearing my heels (a good disguise ;) ) except when the occasional ankle falls into a sidewalk crack or my black pumps slip off my heel mid walking motion.

anywho, here are two of my recent additions to my high heel family (who sit gracefully on my desk in my bedroom at all times)
The first is a pair of Aldo boots ( find them here http://www.aldoshoes.com/us/women/boots/knee-high-boots/84841455-beckerle/20 ) that I got in NYC when I was visiting my parents and siblings in August.  Heck, I got the other pair when I was out there visiting too, in Menlo Park Mall, in NJ.  They are Kimchi Blue Black Linen pumps that I got on sale for 20 dollars (a surprise at the register, as I was set to buy them at 49 dollars ).  At Urban Outfitters of course.

This is my first pair of boots with heels, and I wanted to get something elegant but casual, since most the places I go call for casual.  They are so cute with skinny jeans but I have recently worn them with tights and dresses, or knee high socks.  SO CUTE.  I love them, and they are comfy.  The girl at the store told me to get a size that feels tight because they will stretch.  I am so glad I listened even though I was skeptical, because after wearing them 3 times they now fit perfectly!

The black pumps are simple but have that matte, textured linen look which makes them casual and or elegant, which I said is important because I wear them mostly to classes and out and about.  I pondered wearing them around NYC but it was a day after I got them and I wasn't so sure I was ready to brave hours and hours of walking wearing them!

2)  Figure out how the heck to wear socks with heels/sandals



This is such a difficult thing to do! there is a fine line between nerdy chic and just plain geeky.   I have tried on all my ankle socks with a pair of black almost-wedged wide strappy sandals I have, but I just haven't "felt" the match yet.  Maybe it is women's intuition, but I have this sort of "feeling" system for how I dress.  I can just tell when something doesn't look right together, it is a feeling similar to that of dropping a glass cup and breaking it by accident.  That is the best way I can explain it.  But when it is right, oh you just see yourself walking down a manhattan sidewalk parting the crowds of people with your hair blown back by a fan as it bounces perfectly with your every step.  You know that feeling.  I have a really great imagination, thanks to my upbringing!

3) Blouses
Yes, I consider myself a connoisseur of dresses, of the vintage and new variety.  I have enough dresses (but still not nearly enough) to move onto other things.  What I don't have a lot of is stand up blouses.  And I am working on that.
My favorites that I am finding this Fall are the loose almost cropped dressy T-Shirts, and the loose sweaters with tighter sleeves to roll up and fold unevenly.  Unfortunately my two favorites I purchased were from h&m and they do not have an online store to find them in... and I don't quite have a camera to photograph them (or do them justice at least)

The sweater I love is similar to this one, without the pocket, and in mustard yellow.  It also has a bit of a boatneck which works better on my bustier figure.  It is a good way to hide those extra pounds I am working on losing and still look chic.  It is also super soft and cozy!  

My other shirt that I bought is short-sleeved ends at the waist and is a camel brown with two wide black stripes.  It is made out of Viscose, and it is super cozy and drapes super nicely.  Just don't get it wet, it stiffens it and makes it look lighter where the water hits it. It is great with my skinnies and my black Kimchi Blue pumps.


That is all I have for now! Off to work on my Etsy Shop so I can make some $$$ and buy more clothes!!!!

(and pay some bills)

<3 Chelsa Molloy

1 comment:

  1. Love the look of socks with heels.... but I haven't been brave enough to attempt it yet! Let me know when you find the perfect combo!

    Congrats on starting a new blog! Let me know if you need any tips! I'm no pro, but I've learned a few things over the past few months! lol

    xxoo

    ReplyDelete