Sunday, September 11, 2011

a list of ten things to do when i'm blue

i have been meaning to start a meaningful blog for a year, yet I have not figured out the basis of it.   i don't have tales of little children, or a lot of grown-up things (or at least, i don't think so)

i suppose one thing i know is the challenges and triumphs of starting a very small business from scratch and growing from there.
i also know what it is to love someone with all my heart,
and sometimes, raising my puppy feels like raising a child.

being younger than i look and feel is sometimes difficult, i find myself in this world of big decisions and actions and i find myself making many, many, many mistakes.  i am, in my head, a grown-up, but i am still separating myself from those teenage habits, some are tougher than others to break (for example, spending all of a paycheck impulsively, and then struggling to pay rent)

oh, the woes, which leads me to the point of this particular post...

i find myself blue today after a long working day in Des Moines at the East Village Bazaar
i was quietly disappointed with my lack of sales and as the day went on i was feeling more and more blue, and i think i may have done the rest to myself.
a.k.a. gave up
i.e. sat with a semi-pout on my face and left behind all good salesmanship (and heck, my last name is Salesman! done the family wrong!)

i so regret it!  I have compiled a list to get me through those lulls and financial woes that chase me.

1.  first, recognize the issue.  write it down, spell it out, think it through.

2.  write down ways to fix it.  or, ways to get on your way to fixing it.

3.  on a separate paper, write down something that made you smile last.

4.  remind yourself of something you feel or have that is greater than anything else ( for me, my beau, my dog Béla, and my kitties.  also, designing/sewing clothing and hugging my mom. :) )

5.  think again of what is bothering you.  still smiling about what you wrote down in step 3 and 4? hopefully. i am!

6.  re-evaluate the issue with your now more positive mindset.

7.  walk away and have a cup of tea, a piece of chocolate, a play sesh with the kitty, hug your puppy, listen to your favorite song.

8.  come back to both your papers and reread them both

9.  rip up the negative paper into as many pieces as humanly possible. 

10. get to work fixing the issue! or accepting it! whichever is the necessary step for you. 

11. adopt a kitten and name her after my favorite band when i was in 8th grade.
TILLY!

step 11 is optional :)

good luck! crosses fingers

<3
Chelsa Molloy

No comments:

Post a Comment