Monday, October 3, 2011

overcoming dissatisfied customers.

When you think about it, being agitated with a transaction or confused at customer service in a walmart, grocery store, or anywhere else is something we have grown accustomed to.  Especially in terms of corporations, it seems each individuals' troubles with their service has nothing to do with the success of the business.

But let's get real,
for a small, tiny, miniscule business owner like me, one dissatisfied customer really brings me down.   Especially on online storefronts, such as etsy.

Search "Negative Feedback" in all the forum discussions and you will find over 100 different stories of sad, unmotivated, depressed sellers who received their first negative feedback.

And I am going to say it.  Today I became one of them. And now I fear for my shop and for my success.

It is like a punch in the gut.  I always refresh my activity feed and my shop at least a dozen times daily, and check new feedback.  Tonight was an unpleasant discovery.


The dark red color and the words on a page seem so much more painful than if someone was to pass judgement by word of mouth.

I am trying to find reasons to let it go and move on, but I am scared, sad, depressed, and unmotivated.  Trying not to be.  But I am.

Hopefully, tomorrow will bring better things.
On a lighter note, I began a new dress today that is inspired by one of my designs for my Fashion Design class last semester.  It is a little less edgy than the original, I will post photos when it is complete!

<3 sweet dreams

Chelsa

No comments:

Post a Comment